SharePoint Products and Technologies provide enterprise-scale capabilities to meet business-critical needs such as managing content and business processes, simplifying how employees search and share information across boundaries, and enabling better informed decisions. With the combined collaboration features of Windows SharePoint Services and Office SharePoint Server 2007, including the design and customization capabilities of Office SharePoint Designer 2007, companies can now enable their users to create, manage, and build their own SharePoint sites, and allow these sites to be discovered through the entire organization.
Microsoft Sharepoint capabilities include:
- Collaboration – allows your team to work effectively by collaborating and publishing documents, maintaining a list of tasks, implementation of workflows and share information.
- Portals – allows your team to create personal portal to share information amongst their teams and personalize content and experience thru an enterprise web site based on their user profile.
- Enterprise search – allows your team to easily find personnel, experts and contents in business applications.
- Enterprise Content Management – allows your team to create and manage documents and web contents.
- Business Process and Forms – allows you to create workflows and forms to automate your business processes.
- Business Intelligence – allows employees to access critical business information, view and analyze data, and publish customized reports.
Microsoft Sharepoint benefits include:
- To Empower Teams Through Collaborative Workspaces
Microsoft delivers a best-of-breed collaborative infrastructure that gives end users the tools to easily create their own workspaces and share assets across teams, departments, and organizations while maintaining IT control.
- To Connect Organizations Through Portals
Microsoft helps bring data of the organization to the right people at the right time by simplifying connectivity to people with line-of-business data, expertise, and business processes across the organization.
- To Enable Communities with Social Computing Tools
Microsoft provides organizations with the tools to deliver a wide array of social computing capabilities within their existing workspace and portal infrastructure, such that users can easily connect the collective intelligence of the organization.
- To Reduce Cost and Complexity for IT by Using an Integrated Infrastructure
The Microsoft collaboration infrastructure leverages existing investments and interoperates with other systems, such that organizations can maintain a lower cost of ownership and easily meet business demands by building a uniform infrastructure.